izodiea: (Default)
My Fabrics came from spoonflower!!!
I am really happy to finally have this fabric in hand, along with some of the new swatches. I am still waiting for the new "white work" Swatch to arrive, you can see the failed one under the cut.

I have been a bad bird all weekend and been avoiding my homework (Math, bleh) As a result I was productive in other areas! First I completely cut out the Quilted corset (Which took forever!) I made a bird hair peice, drafted two pairs of pants (Both of which I am going to be sewing in the near future) and made more gluten free mini pies.
I think I am going to try and wear the bird tomorrow, hopefully get a picture less blurry.

Pie, Birds and Swatches )
izodiea: (Default)

It took me longer than I expected because I couldn't make my mind up about trim, but my bonnet is now officially complete! Just in time too, next weekend I am going to be in a Regency Fashion show for a Jane Austen Reading program at the Sacramento Library. Now since my bonnet is finished I can make the few small tweaks on my dress I have been wanting to do with out worrying about time.

More Pictures! )

Now that this bonnet is complete I should probably starting thinking about the 1850's Bonnet I started last weekend in a class, or maybe I should finish those corsets...or just do my homework...:/
izodiea: (Default)

Right now I am leaning towards no ties. It looks more sophisticated and less little Bo Peep? The only downsize is it is not as secure, so I will need to add combs, or horsehair to pin the bonnet onto my head. Or probably I should go get some flesh tone or white eave clips. Opinions? Ideas?

More Views and Thoughts )
izodiea: (Default)

I started this Regency Bonnet a few days ago, and was hoping to get it to a "wearable" condition in time for the Mad hatter Tea (I was going to mount my ears temporarily to it) Alas that did not happen, and I am kind of glad because I think the little cap was cuter, and less distracting from the ears than the bonnet would have been.

I Have been following this tutorial Here: http://regencysa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sundries&action=display&thread=431 And it has been working really well with a few style adjustments! (Make sure you scroll all the way down to get the full tutorial, she does two different hats)

My Progress Photos )
izodiea: (Default)
millinery,18th century,tricorn,dupioni,ribbon

I originally started, and abandoned, this tricorn over a year ago. I recently felt motivated to give it another go, and aimed to wear it to an upcoming pirate festival. The end result is probably one of the most Frilly girlie things I have ever made, and I wuvs it -Mission Successful!

Pictures from the Northern California Pirate Festival can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48512843@N04/sets/72157624320314830/ For my costume I wore an all white set of my 18th century Undergarments (Something I had seen several other costumers do) Most of the accessories I own are black, so it made for a nice contrast. I was more of a *cough* Lady than a pirate. At the fair I helped break the work record for most pirates in one place - 2,300 pirates!!!

Construction Info and LOTS of Photos )

Berge Hat

Jan. 28th, 2010 09:17 pm
izodiea: (Default)

This is a Berge Style Hat I started when I took a class with Lynn Taylor through http://www.gbacg.org/ (Greater Bay Area Costumer's Guild)
It's inspired by this hat from The Duchess, only my finished result won't be quite so epic...http://www.costumersguide.com/georgiana/white28.jpg

And In-progress: http://izodiea.livejournal.com/10041.html#cutid1
(Note: some of the text is re-posted)



izodiea: (Default)

April 2011

3 4 5 6789


RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 20th, 2017 04:37 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios